Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. Operate a cash register and checkstand to provide the store’s customers with the most accurate and efficient checkout service possible. Perform stocking and other duties as assigned, depending upon the amount of time available, business volume, and other criteria according to established Company Policy. Ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Handling each customer transaction in a courteous, friendly manner. Each customer will be greeted with a sincere and friendly hello and thanked when the transaction is completed.
• Participating actively in control of SHRINK
• Notifying the Customer Service Manager of customer inquiries or complaints, incorrect prices or poorly marked merchandise, errors or problems with UPC codes, potential security problems, shrink problems within the store, or any unusual problems or situations.
• Handling various sales and service functions at the courtesy booth and front end.
• Notifying the appropriate manager of situations that need attention, such as: shortages, customer complaints or requests.
• Flexible work schedule, evenings and weekends required. Will be scheduled on the Front End and office as needed.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (and thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry).
• Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce and merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products.
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
• Practicing the “Golden Rule” and working as a team with all other associates.
• Practicing the “Cleaner’s Creed” to help keep the entire store neat and clean.
• Maintaining a neat personal appearance including proper uniform.
Education and/or Experience:
• Must be 18 years of age; High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Cash Office knowledge and experience running the Front End is required.
• Demonstrate the capability to interact with customers
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English adequately
• Ability to understand and follow English instructions.