Bakery Cake Decorator
Smile, greet and be courteous to customers, work with management and all other associates to provide a high level of customer service, be punctual, work your schedule, conduct yourself at all times in a professional business manner, assist in any way possible and as directed to provide for a clean and safe store environment, other duties as assigned. To produce all bakery goods and other related products in an efficient manner within Company Policy. To ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions
- Icing, decorating, packaging, labeling, and pricing products for island refrigerated cases
- Icing, decorating, tray, and maintaining refrigerated service showcase
- Filling customer special orders, including all catering platter offers as well as custom cake requests to include up and to wedding cakes
- Dynamically selling products by providing customers with information needed to make product-relation decisions
- Operating the Bakery department mixer
- Following Roche Bros., Sudbury Farms guidelines for Cake Decorators
- Maintaining Roche Bros., Sudbury Farms high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Organizing and rotating stock in the Decorator's section of the freezer and cooler
- Training other associates as needed
- Assisting with the delivery and set up of wedding cakes as needed
- Assisting in other duties as assigned
- Provide continuous attention to customers’ needs at the service counter.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong bakery team.
- Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by working in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Offer product suggestions.
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and follow established sanitation standards.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Prepare and wrap bakery related products.
- Stock display cases, and keep all bakery ingredients or merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Write on cakes/prepare product to meet customers specifications.
- Receive and unload bakery product and store in designated area.
- Monitor and maintain the cooler, freezer, equipment, and work area to the sanitation standards of the company.
- Keep work area swept clean, orderly, and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Exercise safe food handling practices.
- Exercise proper safety practices on all equipment.
- Able to operate and clean the bakery equipment and tools.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Sweep floors, clean utensils and work tables, wipe counter tops, and front of display cases.
- Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans, drains, and equipment.
- Promote items on the public address system.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Successful completion of the passbook training within 60 days of entering the department.
- Other duties assigned by management.
Initial Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must demonstrate capability to interact with customers.
- Neatness in appearance.
- Pleasant, outgoing, self-motivated personality.
- Capable of following verbal directions.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.