To effectively plan, organize, lead, coordinate, and optimize the materials and human resources in the department to provide variety and high quality merchandise. Create appealing displays to maximize the sales and profit of the cheese department while maintaining great customer service.
Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful, Supportive and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and working with associates to build a strong cheese team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like manner.
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to conduct and facilitate department meetings.
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper review and training of job descriptions, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate morale.
- Offer product suggestions.
- Guarantee the best-trained cheese team in the industry. Train and develop associates in accordance with the company policy and procedures.
- Individual successful completion of the passbook training within 60 days of entering the department.
- Responsible for department associates’ successful completion of the passbook training within the first 60 days of their entering the department.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry (i.e., dress code, labor/scheduling laws, sanitation regulations, etc.).
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and follow established sanitation standard.
- Practice the “Cleaner’s Creed” and proper sanitation procedures.
- Prepare, wrap, weigh, label and price cheeses, and any other cheese shop related products.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community and following department sales and merchandising initiatives.
- Stock display cases and keep all cheese merchandise rotated in accordance with company policy and product code dates and always make use of the oldest products first (first in, first out).
- Receive and unload delivery; store product in designated area to ensure freshness.
- Monitor the cooler and display cases for correct temperature settings to assure product quality; report any refrigeration failure immediately.
- Maintain the freezer, cooler, equipment, and work area to the sanitation standards of the company.
- Maintain accurate records (receiving logs, invoices, inventory, etc.), and respond timely to all department mail.
- Ensure sales and work areas are swept clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report any hazards to management.
- Plan work schedules and breaks.
Secondary Job Functions:
1. Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
2. Clean utensils, work tables, wipe counter tops, and front of display cases.
3. Promote sampling merchandise.
4. Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans, drains and equipment.
5. Ensure department associates adhere to company dress code standard (i.e. name tags, personal hygiene, etc.)
6. Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
7. Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized markdowns or property defacement.
8. Other duties assigned by management.
Manage the department in order that it maximizes customer service, sales and profit while creating a positive relationship with the community and ensure fair treatment of all customers, associates, external and internal contacts; ensure department achieves budget and department work plan. (The department volume governs cheese manager’s management and work activities and the department work plan and secondary functions may also be classified as essential functions.)
Initial Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Successful experience in the cheese operation (i.e., merchandising, ordering,
- inventorying, and pricing)
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Must be Servsafe certified.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Ability to speak English clearly
Other minimum qualifications:
A. U. S. Citizenship or valid work visa
B. High standard of integrity and reliability