E-Comm. Shopping Manager
To effectively plan, organize, lead, coordinate, and optimize the materials and human resources in the department. Oversee the entire e-commerce department. The manager’s responsibilities encompass the drivers and pickers daily performance, direction and productivity while maintaining great customer service.
Primary (Essential) Job Functions:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary by the company.
- Provide an open door atmosphere conducive to high associate morale and excellent customer service. Achieve the highest associate morale in the industry by managing in a style that is Respectful, Supportive, and Totally Team Oriented (RSTO).
- Go out of your way to satisfy any request for assistance. Give the best advice anywhere.
- Commit to the “Golden Rule” and work with other associates to build a strong e-commerce team.
- Promote the company image as a service-oriented operation where every associate will greet, assist, render efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly, and business-like manner.
- Ensure the department achieves the standards of performance as outlined in the work and merchandising plan.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to conduct and facilitate department meetings.
- Ensure all new department associates receive proper review and training of job descriptions, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment in administering discipline to promote high associate morale. Confront problems positively and directly, and use counseling sessions properly when necessary.
- Communicate needs and problems to the store manager and cooperate with store manager and department specialists to optimize the picking and delivery system and ensure that orders requests are fulfilled.
- Effectively handle and rectify all customer complaints regarding online orders and deliveries.
- Ensure that all customer orders are correctly charged, refunded and/or credited.
- Effectively communicate with customers regarding out of stocks, substitutions, pick-up, and delivery schedule changes.
- Motivate associates by consistently praising, recognizing and involving. Devote proper time and attention to training.
- Guarantee a trained picking and delivery team by following through on training programs and conducting fair and regular performance reviews. Return to store manager on time.
- Individual successful completion of the passbook training within 60 days of entering the department.
- Achieve and maintain department’s standards in cooperation with store manager (such as gross profit, presentation, etc.).
- Responsible for department associates’ successful completion of the passbook training within the first 60 days of their entering the department.
- Responsible for the department working efficiently and at an acceptable pace.
- Effectively control proper storage and shipping of orders limiting shrink and damaged goods.
- Guarantee outstanding product quality and timely service through cooperation with store manager; assure that each item is picked, stored and delivered without compromise of Roche Bros. high standards.
- Assure that all picked items are of highest quality and freshness, and that all orders are properly tagged and stored for easy retrieval and shipping.
- Control supply costs.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (and thus compliance with all state and federal laws applicable to our industry).
- Plan work schedules and breaks for pickers and drivers; achieve payroll consistently by scheduling within budget. Schedule effectively to maintain picking standards and delivery constraints.
- Maintain a clean and organized area by enforcing proper cleaning procedures and exceptional housekeeping procedures and standards. Practice proper sanitation procedures living by the “Cleaner’s Creed”.
- Oversee equipment coordination: cleaning and storage.
- Keep delivery van in clean condition and organized.
- Follow proper hand washing, food storage and handling procedures.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance including proper uniform and dress code.
- Must be well-groomed.
- Exercise proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using equipment.
- Be safety conscious and correct any unsafe conditions you observe.
- Minimize expenses without compromising conditions or customer service level (controlling payroll and supply costs).
- Maintain accurate and useful records.
- Confront problems positively and directly and use counseling sessions properly when necessary.
- Be sure to operate and clean department equipment and tools.
- Responsible for maintaining all e-commerce equipment in proper working order and condition, including delivery vehicles, cell phones, and GPS systems.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Verify price checks for customers as needed
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Other duties assigned by management.
Manage the department in order to maximize customer service, sales and profit while creating a positive relationship with the community and ensuring fair treatment of all customers, associates, external and internal contacts; ensure department achieves budget and department work plan. (The department volume governs e-commerce manager’s management and work activities and the department work plan and secondary functions may also be classified as essential functions.)
Initial Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Complete training in the e-commerce operation.
- Must be a leader and a teacher; able to develop associates to their fullest potential; able to accomplish various goals through others.
- Must be organized, self-confident, and committed to excellence.
- Ability to display initiative and work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.
- Must be able to communicate and speak English fluently.
- Ability to speak, understand and follow English instructions.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
A. U. S. Citizenship or valid work visa
B. High standard of integrity and reliability