Entertainment - Performer (Audition Required)
*Please note: Must be available nights and weekends of the event. To apply for this position, you must complete an audition. If you have not yet completed an audition, please visit our website at www.universalauditions.com/orlando for the next available audition events. If no dates are currently listed, please register your profile on the website to receive email notification about upcoming auditions.
Perfomers promote a positive guest experience by participating in an Entertainment Produced Event in a non-scripted role.
Performers at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Motivating and entertaining guests by performing with small hand held props, within a defined space, during Events produced by the Entertainment Division of Universal Orlando.
- Following directed performance guidelines and techniques established by Entertainment Production Management.
- Following costume care guidelines in order to maintain the integrity of the performance and providing communication to management regarding costume problems, issues and concerns.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Performer successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Zero to one year experience within the professional theme park/theater industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Male/Female Characters, all height ranges. Good movement skills needed. All heights and body types needed. An audition is REQUIRED, consisting of a “type out”/interview. Some candidates may be asked to learn a short movement combination.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three- syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Performer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly (2/3 or more of time) required to stand, walk, talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb or balance; reach with hands and arms; frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time) required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasionally (up to 1/3 of time) required to sit.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Performer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions; frequently exposed to wet, humid conditions (non-weather), work near moving mechanical parts, extreme cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather).
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual may regularly be exposed to loud noises and manufactured fog and strobe light effects.
- While performing this job, the individual may be required to work in tight, dark show spaces and work in large crowds.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.