Culinary - Line Production Cook
Be a part of Universal Orlando's holiday fun! Help create lasting memories for our guests by taking part in our annual holiday traditions!
Universal Orlando Line Production Cooks help create unforgettable experiences for our guests by providing a first-rate dining experience in a themed restaurant environment ranging from a ‘50s inspired hangout to authentic Irish fare. Universal Orlando's extraordinary Chefs are committed to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. Working with our experienced staff ensures that a new Team Member can gain the necessary skills to advance their culinary career.
Universal Orlando Line Production Cooks are responsible for:
- Set up station with materials and supplies and maintain availability of the same.
- Perform cooking duties and related production functions. Ensure high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standard and perform daily spot checks of all portioning tools. Provide daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- Follow established safety standards using safe food handling guidelines and maintain a clean work area. Ensure compliance of the State of Florida’s HACCP program.
- Assist in with various kitchen duties and support the employee cafeteria duties as required.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Line Production Cook successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- 0-1 Year: Six months to one year previous line/production cook experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Required to possess current and proper knowledge of usage and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Line Production Cook job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to walk; and occasionally required to talk or hear; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Line Production Cook job.
- While performing the duties of this job, an individual is regularly exposed to extreme heat (non-weather); frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; and occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather).
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.