Culinary - Second Cook
Universal Orlando Second Cooks (Experience Required) help create unforgettable memories for our guests by providing a first-rate dining experience while working for one of the world’s leading theme park destinations. Themed restaurants are easy to find at the Universal Orlando Resort, with everything ranging from a ‘50s inspired hangout to authentic Irish fare. Whichever kitchen you work makes no difference to our commitment to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients available. Working with exceptional Chefs and experienced staff ensures that each Team Member can gain the experience necessary to work at any of our food and beverage locations throughout the Universal Orlando Resort.
Second Cooks (Experience Required) at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Stocking materials and supplies in hot and/or cold as well as dry areas.
- Maintaining all cost control tools by performing quarterly updates of control cards, inventory packages and recipe books.
- Performing daily spot checks of all portioning tools and providing daily documentation and record keeping of product spoilage.
- Cooking duties and related functions as well as ensuring high food quality levels per Universal Orlando standards.
- Maintaining a clean work area and ensuring compliance with the State of Florida HACCP Program.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Second Cook (Experience Required) successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Six month to one year previous experience as a Line Cook required. Must have knowledge of cooking processes; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to operate broiler, stove top, fryer, grill, and oven.
- Ability to load and unload dish washing machine.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Second Cook (Experience Required) job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit; talk or hear; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The individual is frequently required to taste or smell; and required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Second Cook (Experience Required) job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is frequently required to work near moving mechanical part and occasionally required to be exposed to extreme cold(non weather) and extreme heat (non weather).
- While performing this job the noise level in the work environment is High Noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.