To perform the role of a Mystery Shop Associate successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- One to three years of marketing research field experience or mystery shopping experience preferred. Prior Guest Services experience a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a reliable vehicle for transportation to and from assigned location and must show proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be comfortable speaking with guests on an ongoing basis.
- Must be capable of understanding the goal and purpose of research.
- Must be able to read and interpret survey questionnaires, methodologies, and procedure manuals.
- Must have good reading and diction skills with cultural literacy.
- Must have basic computer literacy and data entry accuracy.
- Must have ability to effectively interact with guests.
- Must have legible handwriting.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Mystery Shop Associate job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly (2/3 or more of time) required to stand, walk, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; occasionally (up to 1/3 of time) required to sit.
- The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Mystery Shop Associate job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.