Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Maintains desired level of fresh meat production. Ensures customer service, product quality, freshness and selection. Maintains cleanliness of department and equipment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
· Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· Cuts, grinds, and wraps fresh meat products according to related quantity, quality and freshness standards.
· Stocks and rotates product.
· Ensures trim specifications are followed and proper temperatures are maintained in all phases of meat preparation, display and storage.
· Prevents shrink and controls expenses.
· Prevents sale of spoiled and/or outdated product by following legal regulations and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating and the processing of re-worked or reduced-to-clear items.
· Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and the law.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Perform friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customer and co-workers.
· Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
· Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
· Communicate with co-workers and follow written work assignments / instructions.
· Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 80 lbs. frequently.
· Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
· Perform repetitious arm and hand movements required to cut, slice and process meat products.
· Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
· Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
· Work with hands exposed to moisture.
· Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit), handling refrigerated goods (occasionally -20 degrees and frequently 28 degrees Fahrenheit).
· Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and dept. policies.
· Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and compute weights and measures.
· Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
· Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
· Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Scales, knives, band saws, meat tenderizers, meat slicers, grinders, bone dusters, hamburger bulker, bailer and cubers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary.