The Aquatics Coordinator position in Coppell, TX is full time hourly and is a great opportunity for learning and growing in aquatics programs at the YMCA! This indoor pool had 3600+ swim lessons in 2016 and a competitive swim team. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Associate Director will coordinate and supervise operations of aquatic area and aquatic programs of an indoor pool year round. They will provide programming support, maintain certification records, schedules and train staff, oversee swim team and coaching staff, help oversee swim lessons, and assist in ensuring pool safety and proper maintenance. The coordinator provides day-to-day supervision of assigned aquatic programs including scheduling of lifeguards and instructors to ensure coverage meets Association guidelines and standards. Assist with the development, coordination, promotion and evaluation of aquatic programs and activities, including swim instruction, water fitness, recreational, competitive and therapeutic programs, as discussed with the Aquatics Director. Ensures high quality programs, establishes new program activities, and ensures program enrollment targets are met. Assists in the development and management of budgets related to the position. Provide assistance in the development of the daily, monthly and seasonal pool schedules, with emphasis on appropriate guarding ratios and pool supervision. Recruits, hires, trains, develop, schedules, and directs employees and volunteers. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Maintains and updates accurate records of staff certifications and training compliance. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations. Conducts lifeguard, swim instructor, First Aid and CPR trainings. Develops and maintains relationships with organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Maintains proper records and department files. Evaluates program effectiveness and responds to customer feedback. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA. Teaches classes and lifeguards as necessary. Assume duties and responsibilities of the Aquatics Director when he/she is absent. Manages statistics and record keeping as assigned. Provides ongoing in-service training and safety checks for aquatic staff. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors. Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
The primary hours for this position include:
- Monday thru Thursday 10:00am-8:00pm (with 1 hour lunch)
- Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Additional hours may be required for training, meetings, events, or additional coverage as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent education or experience preferred.
- One to three years related experience in teaching and coordinating swim lessons and a thorough understanding of customer service and its relationship to membership development.
- Must be Lifeguard certified, WSLI certified, First Aid/CPR and Lifeguard Instructor certified. YMCA certifications preferred. Any missing certifications must be successfully completed within the first 30 days or first course available.
- Must have Certified Pool Operator certification or course successfully completed within the first 60 days or first available training.
- Must have excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to interact with a diversity of people and various levels of personnel.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize work with little instruction with the ability to communicate with volunteers and all Y staff.
- Emphasis on safety as a priority at all times.
- Must be available some evenings and weekends.
Pay Range: $11.28 to $14.10 per hour
Additional Compensation Details: The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, 125 Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, established in 1885, consists of 22 branches, 2 destination camps, and over 80 after school sites - all dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. You’ll find some of the best and most satisfied people working for the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas. Here you will be able to put your experiences, abilities, creativity, and energy to work and discover the talents within yourself as you touch the lives of those around you.