The Lead Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the areas assigned and provides some work direction to custodial staff. The incumbent is accountable for the completions of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. The incumbent interacts positively with members and staff and responds to requests personally or inform the appropriate maintenance staff member.
- Assist Custodial Supervisor in scheduling and training staff as needed.
- Provide additional work direction and assistance to custodians as directed by Custodial Supervisor.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Record all needed repairs and repair as directed.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.
- Assist Custodial Supervisor in purchasing cleaning supplies/equipment.
- Schedule clean up and repairs as directed by Custodial Supervisor.