Internship (Finance and Accounting) - Part Time
The Internship position provides educational opportunities for students to work at the YMCA to gain business and operational experiences which transfer to work skills for their future employment. Duties and responsibilities vary based on assignment and needs of the YMCA department or project.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions consistent with YMCA values, code of conduct and other policies and procedures.
- Performs duties and responsibilities as outlined for the task or projects assigned (see the Learning Agreement).
- Participates in training and application of skills necessary to perform assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Communicates with identified internship supervisor reporting on progress, making recommendations, preparing reports, etc.
- Obtains feedback from internship supervisor to enhance skill development.
Qualifications - Required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or equivalency.
- Course work related to the assignment or project.
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to fulfill scheduled hours to accomplish assigned duties and tasks.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions to enhance the development process.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Pursuit of degree program directly related to the assignment or project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to local meeting locations
- General office work demands
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from their supervisor, manager or designated representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or associations success.