Camp Maintenance Staff - Part Time
The Camp Maintenance Staff is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the buildings, equipment and property as assigned. The incumbent interacts positively with campers and staff and responds to requests personally or informs the appropriate maintenance staff member.
• Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision.
• Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
• Perform grounds maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, snow removal, mowing, clearing trees and brush.
• Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning as requested or needed.
• Record all needed repairs and report ALL repairs to supervisor and follow up with staff.
• Ensure YMCA buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
• Clean up blood or body fluids which could contain bloodborne pathogens.
• Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
• May operate a bobcat, tractor, snow blower, snowmobile, mower for use in maintenance of the grounds.
• Respond to afterhours or weather related emergencies as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of the equipment used for cleaning.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Willingness to learn and share new and better methods of cleaning.
- Upon Hire, completion of YMCA provided First Aid and CPR certification.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Move up to 50 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away 10-15 times a day.
- Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week.
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests on work board.