The Camp Maintenance Staff is responsible for maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of the buildings, equipment and property as assigned. The incumbent interacts positively with campers and staff and responds to requests personally or informs the appropriate maintenance staff member.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment with minimal supervision.
- Perform general building maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, carpentry projects, changing filters and light bulbs, clearing plumbing clogs, repairing leaking faucets.
- Perform grounds maintenance duties which may include, but are not limited to, snow removal, mowing, clearing trees and brush.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs and report ALL repairs to supervisor and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA buildings and property are secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Clean up blood or body fluids which could contain bloodborne pathogens.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning and general maintenance.
- May operate a bobcat, tractor, snow blower, snowmobile, mower for use in maintenance of the grounds.
- Respond to afterhours or weather related emergencies as needed.