The Custodian is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the areas assigned. The incumbent is accountable for the completions of assigned duties with a minimum level of supervision. Duties include, but are not limited to, mopping, dusting, trash removal, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, lawn care, and other general cleaning responsibilities. The incumbent interacts positively with members and staff and respond to requests personally or inform the appropriate maintenance staff member.
- Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain daily upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs, repair as directed, report ALL repairs to supervisor, and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Clean up of blood or body fluids which could contain bloodborne pathogens.
- Operate motorized equipment used for cleaning.