zzz Aquatics Coordinator - Full Time
The Aquatics Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing various program areas of the Aquatics Department. The incumbent will provide quality customer service and ensure a safe, fun, and positive environment in the pool area.
- Assist Director in planning, coordinating and promoting aquatic activities.
- Provide quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
- Work hands-on in various aspects of aquatics including, lifeguard and swim instruction.
- Assist with the design and implementation of in-service training sessions.
- In the absence of Aquatics Director or Senior Aquatics Coordinator, supervise the pool, all activities and staff.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum 1 year experience in aquatics.
- Minimum 6 months experience as a lead worker or 6 months as a YMCA Lead Staff.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR, AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration, ARC or YMCA lifeguard certification
- Certifications required within 60 days of hire: YMCA Swim Instructor.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and ages, including staff, members, volunteers, and community representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct, evaluate, and role model.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and make independent decisions.
- Self directed and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
Qualifications - Preferred
- At least one year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Lifeguard Instructor Certification.
- Must have the physical ability to perform all rescue and teaching techniques.