Aquatics Lead Staff - Part Time
The Aquatics Lead Staff is responsible for overseeing the aquatic area or designated program as Head Lifeguard or Deck Manager and providing work direction to staff while on duty. The incumbent provides feedback in specified focus, responds to incidents, and interacts with parents and participants. The incumbent provides a high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive pool environment.
- Assists in focus area, provides work direction to staff, and provides real time feedback and notes suggestions and comments for their supervisor’s review.
- Coordinate program area placements to ensure efficient practices.
- Serve as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- May work hands-on in program area if necessary during shift.
- Provide quality customer service to members and participants.
- May assist with the implementation of in-service training sessions.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum 6 months experience in aquatic area of focus.
- Certifications in area of focus required within 30 days of hire (see addendum).
- Demonstrated ability to recognize swimmers in need of assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, respond and remedy unsafe situations.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and ages.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA.
Qualifications - Preferred
- One (1) year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to recognize distress signals.
- Be in water ranging from 80-90 degrees for one to four hours.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.