Swim Team Coach - Part Time
The Swim Team Coach is responsible for providing swim team instruction to program participants. The incumbent provides feedback and direction to individual swimmers during swim practice and swim meets. The incumbent provides high level of customer service and ensures a safe and positive program environment.
- Provides swim team coaching instruction to individual participants of various ages and who possess differing levels of ability.
- Maintains constant observation of program participants, watches for swimmers needing assistance, and aids swimmers when necessary to ensure positive learning environment.
- Develops season goals for the participants and groups assigned and develops weekly workout plans which ensure efficient programing.
- Serves as first level contact responding and documenting incidents which may occur.
- Provides quality customer service to members, volunteers and participants.
Qualifications - Requirements
- Minimum age of 18
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR/PR, AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration, and American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguard Training and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming and USA Swimming Level 1 within 30 days of hire.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback
Qualifications - Preferred
- One (1) year experience in a YMCA setting.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience interacting or coaching a swim team.
- Current Instructor/Trainer Certification for designated Program Area.
- USA Swimming Level 2 Certification.
- Must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Must be able to remain alert, with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Ability to recognize distress signals. §Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.