Cook - Full Time
The Cook prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants. The incumbent maintains appropriate health standards and adequate food supply levels. The incumbent may provide work direction to kitchen staff and dishwashers as needed.
- Prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants and groups.
- Participates in the planning of menus which meet necessary nutrition and dietary needs.
- Maintains clean and safe kitchen work areas, stockroom, freezer, refrigerator, dining room, dish room and loading dock in accordance with State of Minnesota health regulations.
- Assists with the purchasing and inventory of food supplies as needed.
- Provides work direction to kitchen staff and dishwashers as needed.
- Practices personal hygiene and cleanliness in handling food.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in food preparation
- Process or ability to obtain Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department.
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young people.
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Education/training in nutrition.
- Dedication to the philosophy and mission of the YMCA programs.
- Requires light lifting up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. (The incumbent utilizes equipment which can be potentially dangerous to include knives, ovens, meat slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time