Cook - Part Time
The Cook prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants. The incumbent maintains appropriate health standards and adequate food supply levels. The incumbent may provide work direction to kitchen staff and dishwashers as needed.
- Prepares healthy and nutritious meals for participants and groups.
- Participates in the planning of menus which meet necessary nutrition and dietary needs.
- Maintains clean and safe kitchen work areas, stockroom, freezer, refrigerator, dining room, dish room and loading dock in accordance with State of Minnesota health regulations.
- Assists with the purchasing and inventory of food supplies as needed.
- Provides work direction to kitchen staff and dishwashers as needed.
- Practices personal hygiene and cleanliness in handling food.
- Maintains CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Quality Results
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in working in food service preparation and delivery
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing a kitchen to include supervision or work direction to kitchen staff
- Upon hire, completion of YMCA provided First Aid and CPR certification.
- Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department or the ability to obtain the certification.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young people
- Ability to work within a diverse groups
- Prior experience working in camp food service
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operation
- Post-secondary education in nutrition
- Dedication to the philosophy and mission of the YMCA Camping programs
- Requires light lifting up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. (The incumbent utilizes equipment which can be potentially dangerous to include knives, ovens, meat slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time