Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in food preparation
- Process or ability to obtain Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department.
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with camp staff and other young people.
- Knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Education/training in nutrition.
- Dedication to the philosophy and mission of the YMCA programs.
- Requires light lifting up to 40 pounds
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. (The incumbent utilizes equipment which can be potentially dangerous to include knives, ovens, meat slicers, mixers, broilers, and cleaning chemicals.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time