The Camp Instructor is responsible for planning, directing, leading, and supervising the designated program area. The incumbent provides high quality experiences for campers that focus on the YMCA care values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Oversee the setup, up-keep, and staffing of program area.
- Assist in training staff in using equipment and lesson planning for the program area.
- Identify and respond to behavior issues in program area.
- Prepare, lead, and evaluate programs.
- Assist in planning and take leadership with theme/special camp activities.
- Maintain and inventory all equipment necessary for the program area.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff training, meetings, and supervisory conferences.
- May fill in as a camp counselor as needed.
- See camp specific addendum for program details.