zzz Child Care Program Coordinator - Full Time
The Child Care Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Child Care Director with the overall operations of a YMCA child care center providing quality experiences for children that focus on the core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring of the YMCA.
- Manage all classrooms at the center ensuring compliance with policies and licensing guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the program curriculum and activities.
- Practice continuous quality improvement, evaluating programs, and implementing changes as needed.
- Develop and distribute parent communications, including monthly calendars and quarterly newsletters.
- Ensure that observations and evaluations of each child are completed.
- Maintain required records and files.
- Work with lead teachers to ensure proper staffing and ratios within the center at all times.
- Assist the Program Director in reaching enrollment and revenue goals.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18 and must meet the State of Minnesota Department of Human Services Rule 3 teacher qualifications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in education or recreation
- Education or experience in child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs.
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.