The Child Care Teacher delivers program curriculum in the classroom. The incumbent works cooperatively with team members in the classroom and administrators to carry out the child care mission and vision. The incumbent provides quality childcare services to children and families that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Meet the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development of the children.
- Develop and maintain a positive classroom community.
- Work with supervisor to implement curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Design and implement curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Design and implement daily lessons/activity plans.
- Engage all activities in the classroom.
- Make ongoing systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Conduct family conferences and maintain communication with families.
- Maintain program site equipment.
- Assist with onboarding, training, developing and providing work direction to team members.
- Maintain required program records and children's files.
- Maintain licensing/NAEYC accreditation requirements.
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Healthy Licensing for Meals and Snacks, (as necessary).
- Attend monthly team member meetings and bi-annual branch meetings.
- Quality Results