Child Care Teacher's Aide - Part Time
The Child Care Teacher's Aide provides assistance to the Child Care Teacher and Assistant Teacher in implementing childcare center programs. The incumbent assists with carrying out the child care mission and values by providing high quality child care services to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist with the implementation of daily plans and activities.
- Supervise children and participate with children in activities.
- Contribute to activity preparation and clean up and room maintenance.
- Maintain program site and equipment.
- Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 16, preferred 18.
- Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Strong commitment to quality child care.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to working with children in a developmental setting and a sincere desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including frequently moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toileting, diapering, lifting, writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the child care environment.