SAC Lead Program Staff - Part Time
The School Aged Child Care Lead Program Staff is responsible for assisting with planning, leading, and evaluating group experiences. This position will operate at a specific school age site. The incumbent will provide quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist the Site Director with the planning, supervising, and implementation of the program and program activities
- Assist in the promotion of the program including calendars, newsletters, and other forms of communication with parents and the community
- Provide work direction to program staff while on duty assisting the Site Director with supervision and training
- Continuously evaluate the program and recommend needed changes to the Site Director
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized
- Perform administrative activities to support the program, including record and file maintenance, registration, release forms, and emergency forms
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with school aged children or 6 months experience as SAC Program Staff
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR; First Aid; and AED
- Knowledge in areas such as child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs
- Demonstrated commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting
- Demonstrated skills in communication, organization, creative problem solving, and human relations
- Willingness to work with diverse populations
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in education, recreation, or related field
- 6 months supervisory/ management experience
- Knowledge in planning, organizing, communicating and implementing school age recreation programs
- Knowledge of CACFP Program requirements
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities which include getting in the water during swimming
- Ability to travel locally to YMCA branches and other program sites.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Must be able to remain alert in warm to hot environment for prolonged period which may include indoor pool, outdoor activities, bus rides, etc...
- May provide children with assistance in dealing with issues such as personal hygiene, medical needs, toiletry, lifting, writing, feeding, and getting in or out of transportation.
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the child care environment.