Specialty Instructor - Full Time
The Specialty Class Instructor is responsible for leading classes in a specialized program area, such as dance, yoga, any of the martial arts, arts and humanities, etc. The incumbent will instruct quality classes and provide excellent customer service to members and program participants in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Plan and instruct progressive classes in a specialty area.
- Observe and discuss individual progress with participants.
- Motivate and guide class and program participation.
- Set up and take down class equipment and report equipment problems.
- Ensure safe and effective classes; responding to and reporting any accidents or incidents
Qualifications - Required
- Formal training in the specialty class being taught
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, First Aid, and AED
- Demonstrated customer service and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to individually lead a class and motivate participants
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations
- Ability to set up, move and store class equipment
- 1 year experience in specialty format being taught
- Ability to instruct assigned classes and perform associated physical activities.