SAC Program Staff - Part Time
The School Aged Care Program Staff is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing recreational and creative experiences for school age children in a group setting. The incumbent provides high quality recreational experiences for school aged children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist with the writing and implementation of weekly lesson plans
- Organize and lead a variety of activities appropriate for school age children; Activities may include arts and crafts, indoor and outdoor games, enrichment activities, etc
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, daily rosters, logbook documentation, and attendance records
- Assist in completing child and program evaluations
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 16
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR; First Aid; and AED
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities
- Good skills in communication, organization, and human relations
- Willingness to work with diverse populations
Qualifications - Preferred
- Previous experience working with school age children
- Knowledge of CACFP Program requirements
- Must be able to actively participate in youth games/activities which include getting in the water during swimming
- Ability to travel locally to YMCA branches and other program sites.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving around, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to recognize and react calmly and effectively in hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Must be able to remain alert in warm to hot environment for prolonged period which may include indoor pool, outdoor activities, bus rides, etc...
- May be exposed to verbal outbursts, physical actions or bodily fluids as part of the child care environment.