Group Fitness Instructor - Part Time
The Group Fitness Instructor instructs quality group fitness classes, provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Lead quality group fitness classes, as directed by the Program Manager, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes .
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness industry and YMCA trends to provide effective information and training to members.
- Keep accurate class attendance records.
- Be able to respond and follow YMCA policies and procedures in emergency situations.
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Required Certifications: CPR, AED, National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Certification
- Certification in areas of expertise; i.e. Les Mills (Cardio, Strength, Yoga, Cycle, Mat Pilates, Dance, Active Older Adults, Silver Sneakers, etc.)
- Attend and successfully complete within 90 days of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
Qualifications - Preferred
- 1 year of experience teaching group fitness classes
- Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness. Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time.