Fitness Center Staff - Full Time
The Fitness Center Staff is responsible for providing customer service to members in the fitness center and follows the YMCA of the USA Health and Fitness guidelines. The incumbent creates a safe, enjoyable, and positive atmosphere that promotes member wellness in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures.
- Provide quality programs that meet the needs of the community and members.
- Participate in instructing various programs, which may include Adult Fitness Consultation, FitStart, Exercise Equipment Orientations, Fitlinxx Orientations, and Youth Fitness Orientations.
- Communicate and enforce policies and guidelines for the equipment area along with keeping this area safe, clean, and functional.
- Adhere to all guidelines and expectations as outlined in the YMCA Fitness Center Staff Manual.
- Encourage members to participate in health and fitness programs such as personal training, specialty classes, group exercise classes, etc.
Qualifications - Required
- Education and/or experience related to fitness, exercise physiology, or health and wellness
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR/First Aid/AED and Oxygen
- Attend and successfully complete within 3 months of hire: YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Attend and successfully complete within 6 months of hire: Foundations of YMCA Strength and Conditioning; and YMCA Healthy Lifestyles
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all age groups and ability levels
Qualifications - Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Health/Exercise Science or related field
- National Certification in Group Fitness
- National Certification in Personal Training
- Ability to understand member needs and communicate the benefits of participating in health and wellness programs
Perform all aspects of the position, including but not limited to walking, standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching, and lifting.