Member Service Staff - Part Time
The Member Service Staff is part of a team responsible for the overall delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and program participants of the branch. The incumbent is responsible for the sale of memberships, responding to member and guest needs, promoting programs, and maintaining cleanliness and organization at the Membership Desk.
- Provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Model Membership by Design and Relationships by Design programs.
- Sell and promote memberships, providing tours to prospective members
- Sell and promote programs, classes, and retail items
- Process new memberships
- Handle and resolve membership complaints and inform supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues
- Understand and enforce all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Operate cardmaker system, AS 400, digital camera, cash register, fax machine, copier, telephone system, and perform routine filing.
- Monitor the locker rooms as required.
Qualifications - Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Excellent customer service, sales, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Self-directed and customer focused
- Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds
Qualifications - Preferred
- Previous customer service experience.
- Computer knowledge.
- Will conduct branch tours.