Member Service Staff - Full Time
The Member Service Staff is part of a team responsible for the overall delivery of excellent customer service to all members, guests, and participants of the branch. The incumbent is responsible for the sale of program and services, responding to member and guest needs, promoting programs, and maintaining cleanliness and organization at the Membership Service Area. The incumbent preforms all duties demonstrating YMCA values and commitment to excellence.
- Provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone.
- Create a high level experience for members, guests and participants through engagement and building a connection.
- Understand and enforce all applicable YMCA policies.
- Operate membership software and all necessary office equipment.
- Assist in handling and resolving member, guest and participant concerns and inform appropriate team member or manager of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Assist in the sale of YMCA programs, services and product to members, guests, and participants.
- Provide tours to prospective members.
- Responsible for maintaining towels at Member Services.
- Quality results
Qualifications - Required
- Excellent customer service, sales, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer knowledge
- Ability to obtain CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications within 30 days of hire
- Must be self-directed and motivated
- ability to work with a diverse population and be inclusive to all
- Ability to multi-task
Qualifications - Preferred
- Previous customer service experience.
- Knowledge of cash receipting
- High School Diploma/GED
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including moving around, standing, bending, reaching, and occasionally lifting up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Ability to respond to emergency situation in a calm and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.