Building Supervisor - Part Time
The Building Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and securing the safety of YMCA facilities ensuring members and guests receive exceptional customer service. The incumbent conducts walk-throughs and patrols the facility to preserve order and protect property. The incumbent may assist in membership duties and respond to member questions and concerns.
- Tour the facility on a regular basis and complete building checklist.
- Provide a high level of service to members, guests, and program participants.
- Assist in monitoring membership desk activities such as cash handling, locker distribution, merchandise inventory, and security procedures.
- Take the lead in problem solving building situations during the work shift.
- Warn persons of rule infractions and evict violators from the building as necessary.
- Serve as the point of contact with outside authorities for emergency or disturbances to operations and safety.
- Work hands-on at the membership desk as needed.
Qualifications - Required
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Previous customer service experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Willingness to work with people of diverse backgrounds
Qualifications - Preferred
- Knowledge of YMCA programs and services
- Ability to patrol the facility regularly
- Ability to observe and provide personal assistance to others