School Success Lead Staff - Part Time
The School Success Lead Staff is responsible for assisting with developing, planning, leading, and evaluating group experiences. This position operates at a specific school success site. The incumbent provides quality recreational experiences for children that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Assist the School Success Program Director with the develping, planning, supervising, and implementing cirriculum and program activities.
- Assist in the promotion of the program including calendars, newsletters, and other forms of communication with parents and the community.
- Provide work direction to program staff, volunteers and community partners while on duty.
- Evaluate the program on a continuous basis and recommend needed changes to the School Success Program Director.
- Make ongoing systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean and organized.
- Perform administrative activities to support the program, including record and file maintenance, administer evaluation, registration, release forms, and emergency forms.
- Maintain CACFP and Minnesota Department of Health Licensing for meals and snacks, if applicable.
- Functional Expertise
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with school aged children.
- Experience and/or education in child development, child guidance, human relations, communication, or recreational programs.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: Adult and child CPR or CPR/PR; First Aid; and AED.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement school age recreation programs.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and mediation skills.
- Willingness to work with people of diverse populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with school age children in a recreational setting.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in education, recreation or field related to child care
- Supervisory/management experience.
- Knowledge of CACFP Program requirements
- Lead and participate in activities that may include running, throwing, and kicking.
- Set up tables weighing up to 50 lbs.