The Custodian Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the custodial personnel and maintenance of the branch. The incumbent must maintain a clean, sanitary, welcoming environment for YMCA members.
- Perform supervisory and management activities as directed by the Building Superintendent and District Building Superintendent to accomplish the YMCA’s mission and goals.
- Recruit, hire, and train custodial staff to cover all custodial areas and employ temporary services when needed.
- Supervise, evaluate, and schedule custodial staff to accomplish all duties with the highest quality and cleanliness possible.
- Complete, on time, all records and daily reports required.
- Monitor work board and delegate action needed to resolve issue.
- Purchase cleaning supplies/equipment at an economical price and forecast usage of materials needed to complete tasks.
- Abide by the Preventative Maintenance Program requirements.
- Schedule clean up and repairs so staff is maximally used and anticipate cleaning needs and schedule accordingly.
- Perform maintenance activities as needed and required in order to maintain an optimal level of facility cleanliness and equipment availability that exceeds member expectations.
- Clean areas assigned to insure that the entire building and grounds are properly cleaned and all equipment is properly used, cleaned, and stored.
- Perform janitorial duties which include, but are not limited to wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, lawn care, shoveling and general cleaning as requested or needed.
- Record all needed repairs, repair as directed, report ALL repairs to supervisor, and follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Safely operate motorized cleaning equipment.