Accountant - Full Time
The Accountant performs intermediate level accounting functions such as account reconciliation, data processing and reporting and system administration. Responsible for preparation of monthly financial reports and responding to branch inquiries. Specific responsibilities will include daily cash management, monthly bank reconciliation, maintenance of recurring journal entries, review and preparation of non-recurring journal entries and purchasing card and out of pocket reimbursement management.
- Reconcile daily distribution reports received from the branches/camps of the association with the bank deposits reported by the bank(s).
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for operating, payroll, sweep and, individual branches accounts on a timely and accurate basis.
- Administer corporate purchasing card program and out of pocket reimbursement systems.
- Serve as accounting resource for association and branch supervisors and administrative staff.
- Prepare account reconciliations for specific balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain and post recurring journal entries.
- Complete monthly sales tax reporting for Minnesota and Wisconsin operations.
- Communicate bank draft and credit card returns to branches on a routine basis.
- Provide W-9, exemption certificates, and credit letters per vendor request.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller who reports to the Controller. The incumbent has no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position interacts as a resource for branches and association departments.
- Functional Expertise
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for taking direction from the Assistant Controller, Controller and Chief Financial Officer or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for the branch or Association.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 1 year of related experience; OR 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Computer and PC proficiency and experience with computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.