Accountant - Full Time
The Accountant performs intermediate level accounting functions such as general ledger/account maintenance, account reconciliation, data processing and reporting. Responsible for preparation of monthly financial reports and responding to branch inquiries. Specific responsibilities will include daily cash management, monthly bank reconciliation, and maintenance of recurring journal entries, review and preparation of non recurring journal entries.
- Reconcile daily distribution reports received from the branches/camps of the association with the bank deposits reported by the bank(s).
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation for operating, payroll, sweep, individual branches, and money market accounts on a timely and accurate basis.
- Serve as accounting resource for association and branch supervisors and administrative staff.
- Prepare account reconciliations for specific balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain and post recurring journal entries.
- Complete monthly sales tax reporting for Minnesota and Wisconsin operations.
- Communicate bank draft and credit card returns to branches on a routine basis.
- Provide W-9, exemption certificates, and credit letters per vendor request
- Functional Expertise
- Decision Making
- Quality Results
Qualifications - Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and 1 year of related experience; OR 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Computer and PC proficiency and experience with computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Access
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
Qualifications - Preferred
- Knowledge of budgets
- 10 Key Calculator Skills
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time.