Are you passionate about working with children? Would you like to share your interest, enthusiasm, and experience for a specific activity with kids? Are you also interested in spending the summer in a beautiful location having a ton of fun and meeting great new friends? We hope so, because we are looking for dynamic, energetic individuals who would like to make a difference in the lives of children.
The YMCA of Greater Hartford is looking for highly motivated, reliable and energetic gymnastic instructors to work with kids of all ages and abilities. Applicants must have previous coaching experience and LOVE working with children. Gymnastic Instructors are also responsible for teaching recreational gymnastics to children ages 6+, follow fun, planned activities, and managing different group dynamics.
- Instructs class lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
- Assists with preparation of lesson plans and routines for classes.
- Develops positive relationships with participants, and provides motivational support and guidance.
- Encourages member and parent involvement.
- Conveys information about Gymnastics Department programs and schedules to the public.
- Follows all YMCA emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Upholds all YMCA policies, procedures, standards and code of conduct.
- Be a least 16 years of age.
- Have at least 1 year working with children in a gymnastics, dance or cheerleading setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children ages 18months- 15years old.
- Have very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.