Under the supervision of the Health and Fitness Director, the Nutritionist will provide nutritional counselling sessions with YMCA members and extend enthusiastic, courteous service to all persons using the YMCA facility. The candidate is responsible for designing, collaborating and implementing nutritional programs on an individual and group basis according to the needs and goals of the member and program.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
- Responsible for conducting individualized nutrition consultations with YMCA members.
- Assures that each participant brings the necessary information needed for the nutritionist to prescribe an appropriate diet.
- Calls each participant before the scheduled appointment to discuss his/her reasons for making the appointment.
- Works with Wellness Director to establish nutritional components for Fitness seminars and personal trainings.
- Maintains communication with the Wellness Coordinator regarding weekly appointments and need for photocopying of materials.
- Participates in on-going continuing education programs to stay current on the latest scientific findings.
- Supports and participates in Association Initiatives according to Association criteria. Partners with other departments or outside agencies as appropriate to ensure success.
- Facilitates and guides the teaching of the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in our YMCA programs. In addition, models these values personally.
- Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory.
- Follow the YMCA of Greater Hartford Member Follow Up Guidelines
- Performs other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
- A four year degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Nutrition/Dietetics.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to perform data entry.
- Ability to provide specialized diet and nutritional programs.
- High quality of human relations skills and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to empathize, support and council.
- Current CPR/AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Maintain certifications with CECs.