The Dance Instructor will be primarily responsible for providing quality leadership and supervision of dance classes throughout a 9 month period, while maintaining a supportive environment and communicating with participants. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed. Choreograph dance pieces that are relevant to education and empowerment of participants in program. Demonstrate true passion for the Y's Mission and understanding for the community we serve.
- Effectively prepare Dancing Darlings and Hip Hop participants for end of the year performance.
- Manage a classroom in a way that is conducive to student learning.
- Prepare mini practice performance pieces throughout the school year.
- Participate in training.
- Serve as a role model.
- Be willing to teach other age groups
- Share ideas and concerns with your supervisor.
- Start and end class at scheduled times
- Supports and contributes to a safe, clean environment for staff and customers by implementing appropriate safety procedures.
- Ensure that all classes are implemented with premier quality and innovation.Attend all branch and Metropolitan meetings as assigned or requested.
- Maintain knowledge of association policies and procedures, risk management and safety practices.
- College background preferred or verifiable training in teaching a variety of dance techniques and skills.
- Previous experience working with a youth of all ages, as well as adults
- Strong Work Ethics
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Excellent collaborative skills and all-around team player