The media coordinator is responsible social media, photography and video for our summer camp programs.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed.
- Provide a positive role model for all
- Takes all daily pictures for Camp. This includes Cabin of the Day pictures and activity pictures
- Provides daily updates on the Camp website, Facebook and Smugmug with pictures and events. This includes cabin photo’s, special activities, meals, programs.
- Creates slideshow for the last day of camp session
- Organizes daily photos and in conjunction with program director creates a directory of best marketing photos.
- Creates at least 3 promotional video for camp
- Oversees design & online implementation of weekly camp newspaper
- Any other duties assigned by the Camp Program Director
- Is familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts, wearing appropriate uniform and name tag and prepared for all assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HAVE FUN!!
- At least 21 years of age.
- MUST have at least two (2) years of college or equivalent experience.
- Ability to think and work independently
- Sound knowledge of social media
- Sound knowledge of still and video camera technology and editing
- Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Current certification in, or willingness to train in Wilderness First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.