Program (Area) Coordinator - Camp
Area Coordinators are responsible for leadership, daily observations, encouragement and supervision of campers and staff in their program area while collectively supporting the daily operation of camp. Area Coordinators also assist village coordinators in the daily operations of age groups and take responsibility in the village coordinators absence.
- Ropes Coordinator - Operation and management of all high ropes elements, lead trainer for rope related activities, and preparation of village ropes schedules.
- Sports & Nature Coordinator - Management of all sports & nature activities, inventory and management of sports equipment, creation and management of sports/nature programs.
- Clinic Coordinator - Oversee and manage daily clinic operations. Manage and organize camper clinic selection, responsibility for staffing individual clinic selections. Manage and inventory supplies for all clinics.
- Swanzey Coordinator/Trip Logistics & Supply - Support operations of all trips. Manage and inventory supplies, including food and gear. Maintain gear and equipment. Ensure all trips depart with correct supplies and appropriate first aid/survival gear.
- Trading Post Coordinator - Manage on site store. Inventory and stock control. Management of all camper accounts.
- Arts & Crafts Coordinator - Management of all arts & crafts activities, inventory and management of arts & crafts supplies and equipment, creation and management of arts & crafts programs.
- Healthcare Coordinator - Ensure compliance with Camp Jewell YMCA healthcare policy and procedure. Liaison with parents. Supervision and management of healthcare transportation. Work closely with nursing/healthcare staff.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess skills including supervision of staff, organizational, and knowledge of summer camp activities and working with children.
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience.
- Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Current certification in, or willingness to train in Wilderness First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.