Leader In Training Director
The LIT Director is responsible for assisting the Youth Leadership Director in the planning & execution of programming for the Leader-In-Training program for 15 years old teens.
Assists Youth Leadership Director with the following:
- Creates and maintains a safe, fun environment for Leaders In Training. Responsibly supervises LITs at all times.
- Leads by example in accordance with camp’s values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. Provides a solid, positive role model for LITs to look up to.
- Organizes the daily programs from provided schedule and materials.
- Mentors LITs on an individual basis, providing mature and competent counsel to LITs.
- Interviews ten LITs once every two weeks.
- Maintains open communication with Youth Leadership Director as well as co-staff about LIT issues, concerns and activities. Attends staff meetings when possible.
- Leads large group discussions and activities. Conducts trainings on leadership and character development, as well as teambuilding workshops.
- Plans LIT show and Weekend Programming once ever 4 weeks, and coaches LITs towards taking leadership of theses activities.
- Leads an overnight camping trip to Vermont, which includes canoeing, hiking, and teambuilding.
- Leads a day trip to the beach trip.
- Provides competent and thorough written evaluations for ten LITs, as well as co-staff.
- Supports the Waterfront Director with Lifeguard Training.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the Roskin Leadership Lodge.
- Develops leaders mentally, physically and spiritually.
- Passionately advocates for teens.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned by the Youth Leadership Director.
- At least 19 years of age
- Able to lead by example, and maintain leadership in close-knit, intensive work environment
- Works well as a team with other directors
- Responsible and organized
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification & Lifeguard Instructor Certification are a plus, but not required. (Training and certifications are available prior to start of position)
- Current U.S. Driver’s License a plus, but not required.