The cook will work closely with the Center Director and Regional Director to assure that meals are presented to the center in a timely, appealing, healthy and appropriate manner.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed.
- Will oversee all food service activities.
- To ensure that all food is cooked on time, in an appealing and healthy manner.
- Ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels are met per health department guidelines.
- Maintain records to comply with Hartford YMCA, government and ACA standards.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous assistance to program participants and parents, exceeding the customer's expectations every day.
- Recognize and respond effectively to any hazardous situation.
- Assist in maintaining premier cleanliness in your area.
- Relate to all members and participants professionally and courteously.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Three years experience cooking in an institutional setting.
- Knowledge of all areas of Health Department regulations.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population for the fulfillment of YMCA goals.