Member Services Representative
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
Under the guidance of the Membership Director, the Member Service Representatives will be responsible for effective and efficient contact between members and staff. The Member Services Representatives will deliver exceptional service to YMCA members, potential members, and guests. Strive to know every member by name and maintain a positive, ongoing relationship with all members, guests, staff, and community partners. Answer inquiries and provide information to the general public, YMCA members, and other interested parties.
Greets everyone by name whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the member service center conveys the mission, purpose, image, and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford.
- Answers phone using the proper YMCA greeting, and takes complete messages.
- Greets everyone in a friendly manner.
- Scans all membership ID cards.
- Sells memberships, programs and merchandise.
- Using informational tools provided and computer system, efficiently and accurately answers questions and complaints from members and the general public both in person and over the telephone.
- Is familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
- Responsible for all monies taken in on assigned shift and ensures that they are accurately recorded and locked in the safe.
- Keeps accurate, detailed records of all transactions, incident reports and other necessary documentation; reconciles all cash, check and charge transactions to balance shift report.
- Arrives on time for scheduled shifts, wearing appropriate uniform and name tag; ensures that facility is open and functioning properly to serve members.
- Attends regular staff meetings and trainings related to position
- Read all memos, newsletters and reference manual updates and complies with policies and procedures.
- Conduct quality interviews with prospective members.
- Assist in membership campaigns and Invest in Youth functions.
- Ensures a positive initial engagement experience for all who enter the YMCA, making an effort to connect them with appropriate staff and fellow members.
- Maintain, and at all times, have sparkling well-presented facilities with shocking levels of responsiveness in regard to cleanliness and repair.
- Knowledgeable in all YMCA programs and activities, as well as directors and key staff job responsibilities.
- Assist in regular staff meetings and trainings.
- Serves as an integral member of the total staff team.
- Does whatever is necessary to promote member retention while maintaining quality customer service to members.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
- Prior experience working in a high volume, member-focused environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must possess or attain CPR/AED certifications within 30 days of hire.