Kitchen Crew Member
Kitchen crew members are responsible for assistance in meal preparation and serving, dish and pot washing, stock shelving, and general kitchen clean-up. Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed
- Assist cooks with proper food handling procedures in meal preparation such as salad making, drink mixing, serving, and cooking as required
- Stocking of food and other kitchen supplies.
- Mopping of floor, cleaning of counters and appliances such as the grill and ovens, and other cleaning as required.
- Operation of dish machine and pot washing as required after each meal.
- Assistance in dining room tasks such as tending the coffee and drink machines, napkin stocking, and condiments.
- Management of cardboard and other kitchen recyclables and waste.
- Oversight of campers during the sweeping of the dining hall floor.
- Recognize and respond effectively to any hazardous situation.
- Other kitchen related tasks as required.
- Provides a quality experience for everyone, including but not limited to, members, participants, fellow staff members, vendors and others.
- Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of health seekers, members, and all people within the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Person must possess values consistent with the mission of the YMCA.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and transport equipment from one location to another.
- Observe and promote safety and security procedures.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
- To ensure that each camper the total camp experience.
- The YMCA will be recognized by the community as providing excellent service to all who walk through our doors or contact us on the phone.
- The YMCA will effectively connect and build relationships with its members and the community, resulting in increased member enrollment and retention.
- Consistent, superior member service and satisfaction resulting in continued growth in membership, programs and special services.