Office Manager- Camp Chase
Under the general direction of the YMCA Camp Chase Director, the Office Manager provides administrative services for YMCA Camp Chase. The position is responsible for answering phones, typing and transcription, assisting with the registration process, and other projects related to the programs. Ability to work in a fast- paced team environment with all levels of management, staff, campers, and donors.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford are conveyed.
- Provide principal administrative support to Camp Chase and Farmington Valley
- Attend meetings as requested in order to record minutes.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, answering phones, managing paperwork, ordering office supplies, copying and filing.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries. .
- Greet visitors.
- Assist with event planning for all fundraising activities to include preparation of mailing lists, invitations, name badges, registration lists, seating cards, etc., and attend events as needed.
- May conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents.
- Registration assistance for campers
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to lead and direct work.
- Must be highly attentive to detail and follow through, resolve problems, be aware of deadlines and organize workload to meet them.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with all levels of management, staff and donors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Requires both a comprehensive knowledge and utilization of Microsoft Office and proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.