YMCA Day Camps are CT Licensed Summer Day Camps. YMCA Camp Chase is located on the Burlington/ Farmington town lines in CT. We serve 200+ campers on a weekly based program. Activities include Swimming Lessons, Free Swim, Skills Clinics, Archery, Arts & Crafts, Group Games, Team Building, Nature Study, Family Nights, Sports Variety, Skits, Songs, Drama, Character Development, Field Trips, and more.
Summer Camp Counselors will be responsible to serve as a counselor to a group of 6-10 campers, serving as their positive role model, leader and friend. The counselor will also either teach or assist with daily clinics and activities. Primary responsibility is to ensure the well-being of their campers. Counselors plan and carry out activities designed to help build campers spiritually, mentally and physically.
• This position is a seasonal position. From 20 to 40 hours per week depending on position. From June 3-August 29. Hours of operation vary based off of bus schedules and job related task. 40 hours of mandatory camp training will be held in June prior to the first day of camp. Some Saturdays and evenings are required
- Must be 17 years of age or older.
- Prior experience working with children or groups preferred.
- Must meet all state licensing and accreditation requirement.
- Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required.
- Certification in Medication Administration and Epi-Pen Administration required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enjoys working outdoors and understands the potential hazards of an outdoor setting.
- Flexible, with the ability to adjust to varying situations
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to run, jump, and lift a minimum of 1/3 their own body weight.