Assistant Teacher - Infant/Toddler
Under the direction of the Head Teacher, the Infant/Toddler Assistant Teacher works for the YMCA of Greater Hartford and will assist the Head Teacher in the preparation and delivery of daily activities by completing assigned task.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Provide staff support concerning appropriate early childhood practices on an informal, formal, and ongoing basis.
- Work with parents to promote understanding growth and development of their child.
- Effectively communicate with parents, verbally and in writing, throughout the session/year.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment by reporting and/or removing all dangerous materials.
- Create stimulating lesson plans promoting exploration, creativity, and discovery, following the CT Preschool Frameworks.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (incident, accident and behavior reports, attendance, development and growth, areas of concerns, and sign-in / sign-out sheets).
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Must posses a high school diploma as well as 1-2 years’ experience working with infants/toddlers in a verifiable paid or volunteer setting.
- Associates Degree in Child Development or ECE OR has at least 12 credits in Early Childhood Education.
- Child Development Credentials (CDA) preferred but not required.
- Certification in CPR and/or First Aid required within six months of employment.
- Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children
- Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Be creative with lots of energy and can inspire children to learn and grow.