Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds-keeping, and other related responsibilities.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
- Cleans bathrooms, offices, locker rooms, hallways and any other assigned areas by vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing and polishing.
- Performs minor maintenance repairs and tasks as directed
- Assists with other departments with set up for meetings, special events, etc.
- During shutdown periods, must be available to work if needed.
- Strips and polishes floors, cleans carpets and other restorative cleaning activities
- Empties and cleans trash containers
- Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures
- Clears snow and salts sidewalk in inclement weather or as needed
- Reports any damage or needed repairs to equipment, property, etc. to supervisor
- Uses all cleaning supplies in the proper and efficient manner
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions as scheduled
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor, lead housekeeper or Buildings & Grounds Director
- Serves as an integral member of the total staff team
- Responds to emergencies appropriately in accordance to his/her level of training and Circumstances
- Keeps all cleaning closets clean and uncluttered during his/her scheduled shift
- Interacts with staff, members, and general public in a professional and courteous manner
- Assists in special projects at the branch or other Association facilities
- Participates in Association and special responsibilities as designated by supervisor
- Attends all mandatory training sessions.
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- May set up furniture for events.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma as well as a valid Drivers License.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Employment is subject to a background check.