Youth Sports Instructor
Under the direction of the Youth & Teens Development Director the Youth Sports Instructor will help teach all levels of sports and character development in a positive atmosphere that will allow the participants to learn and grow.
Greets everyone by using names whenever possible; extends thanks whenever appropriate; makes relationship building the number one priority at all times. The position is responsible for ensuring that the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Hartford is conveyed.
- Teach sports skills to kids from beginners to advanced
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions
- Teach participants about healthy lifestyles and nutrition
- Act as a role model for YMCA Core Values
- Help create a climate that fosters YMCA goals and a fun, engaging atmosphere for all participants
- Proper care and storage of sports equipment
- Supervision of participants at all points of the day
- Generate new ideas to implement into the schedule
- Supervise and help train volunteers
- Provides a quality experience for everyone, including but not limited to Health Seekers, Members, Participants, Internal Customers, Fellow Staff Members, Vendors, and others.
- Treats everyone with courtesy, respect and consideration; displays integrity; listens actively and genuinely; communicates in a clear and pleasant manner; embraces differences among people; demonstrates an active willingness to learn and grow; accepts constructive criticism; works cooperatively as a team member.
The member relations aspect of this position requires that relationship building be the number one priority at all times, attending to the needs and requests of health seekers, members, and all people within the YMCA in a courteous and friendly manner.
- This position requires practical and technical knowledge of all levels of sports.
- This person must be motivated, energetic and able to communicate with participants and parents.
- CPR and First Aid certification is also required within 60 days of Hire.