Seeking certified Personal Trainers to work as sub-contractors in the branch. Trainers will work with clients to assist them in meeting their goals while ensuring the workout and program design are consistent with good health. Provides instruction and motivation for clients in their program design. Provides excellent service to clients in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA philosophy and focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
*Personal Trainers are sub-contractors at the YMCA and contract with Deb DeLong (Owner of Sound Fitness and Training). As such, trainers are personally responsible for all taxes, social security, benefits, etc. Additionally, trainers need to obtain a business license and show proof of liability insurance upon acceptance of the position.
Hiring Range: $25.00 /session minimum, depending on qualifications
- Work one-on-one with clients, some of whom may have a variety of health issues.
- Design workouts, help clients perform exercises safely, monitor client’s progress, and motivate clients to meet their goals.
- Work with other health professionals when needed.
- Schedule clients, track hours, and complete all necessary paperwork related to training.
- Build effective relationships with clients; help clients connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Begin and end session as scheduled.
- Design the program to improve one or more of the four components of fitness: flexibility, strength, muscular endurance, and cardio-respiratory conditioning.
- Perform moves that demonstrate different intensity levels to meet the various fitness levels of clients.
- Possess the knowledge and skills needed to train session in the above-mentioned techniques.
- Certification in areas of expertise.
- Nationally recognized personal training credential (ACE, NSCA, ACSM, etc.). Accredited programs at vocational technical schools and universities may be accepted in lieu of other credentials with a grace period to receive personal training certification.
- Experience required.
- First aid and CPR certification required.
- Must enjoy working with people and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Must have a desire to work as part of a cohesive team, promote the YMCA values, and exhibit high ethical standards consistent with the YMCA philosophy.
- Passion for service and relationship building.
- The ability to demonstrate a friendly, courteous, and professional manner while working with clients, and the ability to understand, articulate well in a positive way.
- Ability to conduct session and activities relating to fitness.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.